Wednesday 7 November 2018

Monopoly

Dear Mr. Monopoly-Man,

I always imagine you with a monocle. But as I began to write this, I recalled that you dont wear one in the edition I own. A quick google search revealed that, in fact, you never did wear one (and also that your name is 'Rich Uncle Pennybags').

Even though you always welcome us with open arms, you seem quite the sadist: as we run around you in circles, friends turn to foe and families are torn apart. But regardless of the damages inflicted, I'd like to thank you. You've taught me a few things I would have otherwise never known:

1. I wasn't meant to start a business (I've only ever won two games)
2. "Nothing" can be a blessing sometimes (The relief of "Free Parking" instead of paying rent)
3. My family is stronger than a board game (It's never torn us apart)

As we go about our rounds I find it much like life, passing "Go" is like returning home, to soon set out again. Of course, the joy of $200 at "Go" is a small feat compared to the love at  home. Life is unfair,  as is the "Go to Jail" square, but that's pretty much where the similarities end.

I have to admit, I'm no longer a fan of the board game, but I do play the card game every now and again. How does that measure up, though? I'm not quite sure. I'll get back to you on that in another letter.

Regards,
Charvi

No comments:

Post a Comment